Effective Date: July 9, 2018
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We may collect certain personally-identifiable information from you as follows:
- Personal Contact Information. We collect and retain personal contact information about you (including your name, telephone number, and e-mail address) if you voluntarily provide us with that information, so that you can obtain certain services through the Site or for us to be able to contact you. We will not sell this information to a third party but we may share it with any of our service providers who need it to provide the service(s)or information you request.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device, including the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, hardware model, operations system and version, unique mobile identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type). We may ask for access to your location based information, with your consent.
- Financial Information. If you purchase any products or services from Kentik through the Site, you will provide your financial information. Your financial information will not be disclosed to a third party except only as needed to process the transaction (for example, to a third party payment processor who is our service provider). We do not retain your financial information once the transaction is completed. As a visitor or user of the Site, we will not ask for your Social Security Number.
- Special Offers, Promotions, Newsletters and Updates. If you register to the Site and authorize us to do so, we will contact you, according to your privacy preferences to inform you of special offers, promotional deals, newsletters, and updates to our service offerings. Out of respect for your privacy, we allow you to choose the path and type of communication you receive. If you wish to update your settings, simply login to the Site and change your notification settings accordingly.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- Others. Kentik and its service providers reserve the right to disclose information about you, including personally identifiable information, in order to:
(a) comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of Kentik, its providers, suppliers and licensors or other clients or third parties; or (c) act on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Kentik, its providers, suppliers and licensors or other clients or third parties.
USE OF SITE. As is true of most websites, Kentik and our service providers may observe your activities on the Site and gather certain information automatically when you visit the Site, such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, Site pages visited, and clickstream data. We and our service providers use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site and services, to track users’ movements around the Site and services, to gather demographic information about our user base in aggregate, and for marketing research purposes. Unless we notify you otherwise, we do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES. The Site contains links to third party sites and certain social media features (such as the FaceBook Like button) that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites or your interaction with such sites or features. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information.
SECURITY. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter your personal information to our Site using our provided forms and Site pages, we use industry standard encryption designed to safely deliver your details. Kentik follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we cannot, therefore, guarantee the absolute security of anything transmitted via the Internet, you may take comfort in knowing that Kentik uses commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you are always welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCOUNT INFORMATION & RETENTION. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying your information or by emailing us at email@example.com. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period. We will respond to your access request within 45 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as directed by paying customers. Kentik will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Upon request, Kentik will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information that we are aware of. To request this information, contact us at email@example.com.
BUSINESS TRANSITION. If Kentik goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. Kentik does not guarantee that any entity receiving such information in connection with one of these transactions will comply with all terms of this policy.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER AND PROCESSING. Personal information collected through the Site and/or its services may be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country in which Kentik or its providers (or its or their affiliates or providers) maintain facilities. By using the Site and/or its services, you consent to any such transfer and processing of information outside of your country.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use or access the Site or services in any way. We will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from any children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected any personal information from children under 13, we will promptly delete such information from our databases.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER. To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDENTIFYING THE DATA CONTROLLER AND PROCESSOR. Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Customer Data. In general, Kentik is the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Information. Kentik Technologies, Inc., a US company based in San Francisco, California is the controller of Other Information and a processor of Customer Data relating to Authorized Users who use Workspaces established for Customers in the US and Canada.
YOUR RIGHTS. Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information.
To the extent that Kentik’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, Kentik relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Kentik may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to Kentik’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
ATTN: Data Protection Officer
625 2nd St
San Francisco, CA 94107
SUBPROCESSORS. Kentik works with the following Sub-processors.
|Transactional Email & Two Factor Authentication|
COMPLAINTS. If you have a concern about our handling of your personal information, please get in contact with us: email@example.com.